[Dovecot] sieve and fileinto encoding

Nikita Koshikov koshikov at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 11:13:57 EET 2009

On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 11:20:08 +0300
Михаил Захаренко <michael at proton-sss.ru> wrote:

> Nikita Koshikov пишет:
> > On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 00:14:50 +0300
> > proton-sss <michael at proton-sss.ru> wrote:
> >

> >> Hello All!
> >> I`m using dovecot 1.2.6
> >> I have folder named in russian "САПП", and when in filter i wrote:
> >>      fileinto "САПП";
> >> all works well.
> >>
> >> Now i find 2 web applications to manage sieve filters (horde-ingo and
> >> squirrelmail/avelsieve) - then creates filter like this:
> >> if header :contains "Subject" "САПП"
> >> {
> >> fileinto  "&BCEEEAQfBB8-";
> >> stop;
> >> }
> >>
> >> And creates another folder ".&-BCEEEAQfBB8-", but GOOD folder name
> >> already exist ".&BCEEEAQfBB8-".
> >>
> >> Please help to understand why dovecots deliver make this happen.
> >>
> >> Best regards
> >> Michael
> >>

> > Take a look at http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2009-July/041690.html
> >
> > Also, roundcube with latest sieverules plugin can handle utf8-sieve directories in correct way.
> >
> As i understood only way is patch scriptgenerator to delete conversation
> from utf- 8. Is i`m rigth ?

Sieverules plugin have config setting for this:
// Sieve RFC says that we should use UTF-8 endcoding for mailbox names,
// but some implementations does not covert UTF-8 to modified UTF-7.
// set to null for default behaviour
$sieverules_config['folder_encoding'] = 'UTF-8';

As I know, others implementations leak this feature, so you should hack sources.