[Dovecot] Multiple LDAP Userdb lookups

David dwardhaugh at students.ncl-coll.ac.uk
Wed Oct 28 11:29:35 EET 2009

Hello one & all,

I understand it is possible to do multiple lookups for userdb info of
different types, for instance a local "real" account & virtual MySql
lookups.

Is it possible to do two separate ldap lookups to differnt parts of
the same AD domain?

I have a config file to do my authentication lookup against the domain.

Then I have a 2nd config file for the userdb lookups which uses ldap to
query our AD for their userdb info.

I need to query a 2nd part of the AD for another group of users &
unfortunately putting all users into one container isn't possible.

So, if I add another ldap stanza to dovecot.conf will I break anything?

Cheers,

David.

This email is confidential and is intended solely for the use of
the parties to whom it is addressed.  If you are not the intended
recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error
and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of
this email is strictly forbidden.  If you have received this email in
error please contact the sender.  Any views or opinions presented are
solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views
of
Newcastle College.  Although this email and its attachments are
believed to be free of any virus or other defects which might
affect any computer or IT system into which they are received, no
responsibility is accepted by Newcastle College or any of its
associated companies for any loss or damage arising in any way from
the receipt or use thereof.