[Dovecot] pop3-login: Fatal: io_loop_handle_add: epoll_ctl(1, 5):

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Oct 29 21:48:45 EET 2009

On Thu, 2009-10-29 at 12:08 -0700, Brandon Davidson wrote:
> I haven't applied the fd leak detection patch, but I do have lsof output
> and a core file available here:
> http://uoregon.edu/~brandond/dovecot-1.2.6/

There's no 0,12 in the lsof list.. Annoying, I can't seem to find what
it is. 0,10 is inotify, 0,11 is epoll, but 0,12 just doesn't show up
anywhere.

The core file is also pretty useless without the exact same binaries and
libraries that produced it.

> Timo, is there anything else I can collect to assist in debugging this?
> I'd rather not go back to 1.2.4, but my coworkers are becoming annoyed
> at having to restart the master processes every few days.

You could also set login_process_per_connection=no and this should go
away, because then it only creates login processes at startup and can't
fail randomly later.