[Dovecot] pop3-login: Fatal: io_loop_handle_add: epoll_ctl(1, 5):

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Oct 31 05:49:54 EET 2009

On Oct 30, 2009, at 7:08 PM, Victor Benincasa wrote:

> I'm having this same issue in one of my servers since I updated my
> Dovecot from 1.2.4 to 1.2.5. The problem still with 1.2.6 too.

Today I started thinking it has to be because some file descriptor is
opened as fd 5 initially, but it's set close-on-exec flag and so when
login process execs it probably opens epoll fd as 5 and then trying to
epoll_ctl() it it fails. But I kind of forgot to check it today.
Although in any way that would require something like SIGHUP to happen
just before the failure starts..

Can you anyway check if reversing this patch solves the problem for
you?  http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2009-October/044140.html