[Dovecot] rawlog adjustment

Tue Sep 1 15:54:32 EEST 2009

On 9/1/2009 7:03 AM, Thomas G. Lau wrote:
>>> We would like to use rawlog to make sure when does user delete email,
>>> can we filter particular command that user sent to dovecot server
>>> instead of log the whole email content as well? how would you all
>>> provide prove to client that mail lost is not caused by your server?

>> You don't want rawlog for this (thats for troubleshooting), you want
>> mail_log:
>>
>> http://wiki.dovecot.org/Plugins/MailLog

> maillog does not provide when does client execute delete command, so
> it does not work.

I don't use it, but are you sure/have you tested it?

>From the referenced page:

"Messages' UID and Message-ID header is logged for each action. Here's
an example:

imap(user): copy -> Trash: uid=908, msgid=<123.foo at bar>
imap(user): deleted: uid=908, msgid=<123.foo at bar>
imap(user): expunged: uid=908, msgid=<123.foo at bar>"

It doesn't show it, but I'm fairly certain the log lines *do* include a
date/time stamp.

--

Best regards,

Charles