[Dovecot] rawlog adjustment

Wed Sep 2 14:20:29 EEST 2009

Please don't top-post in an in-line posted thread...

On 9/2/2009 3:10 AM, Thomas G. Lau wrote:

>>> maillog does not provide when does client execute delete command, so
>>> it does not work.

>> I don't use it, but are you sure/have you tested it?
>>
>> From the referenced page:
>>
>> "Messages' UID and Message-ID header is logged for each action. Here's
>> an example:
>>
>> imap(user): copy -> Trash: uid=908, msgid=<123.foo at bar>
>> imap(user): deleted: uid=908, msgid=<123.foo at bar>
>> imap(user): expunged: uid=908, msgid=<123.foo at bar>"
>>
>> It doesn't show it, but I'm fairly certain the log lines *do* include a
>> date/time stamp.

> try it with pop3 server, it does not work.

I don't use POP, only IMAP...

So, this is open-source... maybe start a new thread and ask for help on
how to modify the code for the mail_log plugin to get what you want, or
maybe even Timo can do it if it is simple enough...

But rawlog is not the tool for this, so please start a new thread...

--

Best regards,

Charles