[Dovecot] POP3 and AVG

Rick Romero rick at havokmon.com
Wed Sep 2 19:28:10 EEST 2009

Quoting "Thomas Leuxner" <tlx at leuxner.net>:

> Am 02.09.2009 um 17:33 schrieb Rick Romero:
>> Any thoughts?   Should I attach compile configs?
>
> If I remember correctly AVG uses a client-side proxy to scan the
> mails. This could as well be broken with a recent update...

That was the original 'solution' and I thought it was coincidental to
my server change, but apparently if the user changes to hitting a
qmail-popd instance instead of Dovecot, it works.

I'm not convinced it's a pure dovecot issue, because before I switched
to OpenSolaris it worked fine on FreeBSD.

I had installed AVG, but haven't had a supported client to properly
test with (AVG hooked into my Bat! install, but it had expired).

Rick