[Dovecot] POP3 and AVG

Rick Romero rick at havokmon.com
Wed Sep 2 20:09:53 EEST 2009

Quoting "Timo Sirainen" <tss at iki.fi>:

> On Wed, 2009-09-02 at 11:41 -0500, Rick Romero wrote:
>> Yep, POP on port 110.  If I have them change to port 113 (which
>> directs to qmail-pop3 on another server) I'm told it works fine.
>
> What if you make Dovecot listen on non-110 port? Because I'd guess
> non-110 port could just bypass AVG's checks..

Hmm that's a thought.  But what I want to achieve is no change to the
client.  I already have port 112 point to Dovecot.

It would definitely be a good test to see if the port # change
disables AVG, cause then moving 110 back to the qmail-pop3 server
wouldn't have any affect, which with that new insight, I'm now even
more confident I already tried.

So now I'm leaning back towards AVG being an issue :(

Rick