[Dovecot] mail_uid and mail_gid are not set in environment (for expire-tool and so)

Baptiste Malguy baptiste at malguy.net
Thu Sep 3 15:18:19 EEST 2009

I haven't been into details about my userdb. It's a LDAP backend.

Before mail_uid and mail_gid parameters arrive, I'd have to play the trick
with the value returned by the LDAP backend, adding some uid/gid values.
Now, with these new configuration parameters, I understand I'm not supposed
to workaround this way, but use mail_uid and mail_gid.

By the way, in the meantime, I've added :
  export MAIL_UID=vmail
  export MAIL_GID=vmail
in my my-expire-tool script, waiting for a nicer solution.

Regards,

--
Baptiste MALGUY - http://www.malguy.net
PGP fingerprint: 49B0 4F6E 4AA8 B149 B2DF  9267 0F65 6C1C C473 6EC2