[Dovecot] 1.2.4 Maildir Quota Issues

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Sun Sep 13 00:25:23 EEST 2009

On Sat, 2009-09-12 at 10:06 -0400, Mario Antonio wrote:

> Has anybody noticed this behavior when using maildir quota with Version
> 1.2.4:

> When I change quota at the SQL level (per user), that quota becomes
> active once Dovecot is restarted. Until then it keeps the previous quota
> assigned. I do not remember seeing this behavior in previous versions
> --quota was active  after  sql changes.

This likely has something to do with the  auth_cache value.

Try on a fresh user, change it, try 2 minutes before auth_cache would
expire, and then again 2 minutes after.

--
Kind Regards,
Noel Butler

This Email, including any attachments, may contain legally privileged
information, therefor remains strictly confidential and is protected
under Australian Laws and international treaties. You may not
disseminate or reveal any part to anyone without the authors express
written authority to do so. If you are not the intended recipient,
please notify the sender and delete all relevance of this message
including attachments immediately. Confidentiality and legal privilege
are not waived or lost by reason of the mistaken delivery of this
message. Only PDF or ODF documents are accepted, do not send Microsoft
proprietary formatted documents - see