[Dovecot] ldap quota dovecot

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Sep 14 03:46:23 EEST 2009

On Thu, 2009-09-10 at 12:55 +0300, Justinas Samas wrote:
> user_attrs = homeDirectory=home,uidNumber=uid,gidNumber=gid,telephoneNumber=quota_rule=*:storage=%$M
..
> Imap shows correct quota, but dovecot lda doesn't reject mail and it
> gets overquota, maildirsize:

I guess this is caused by two things:

1) You're not calling deliver with -d parameter, so it never does the
LDAP lookup to find out quota_rule.

2) Bug in v1.2 that I just fixed:
http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.2/rev/fe063e0d7109

Note that if you fix this by applying the patch (or waiting for v1.2.5
which I hope comes today) deliver will use those quota limits that are
in maildirsize file. So if you change user's quota he/she needs to log
in with imap/pop before the change is written to maildirsize and visible
to deliver.