[Dovecot] Solr Plugin make only INBOX able to search

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Sep 14 04:54:32 EEST 2009

On Wed, 2009-08-19 at 16:47 +0100, rui.carneiro at portugalmail.net wrote:
> I have downloaded and installed dovecot 1.2.4 with Solr plugin. After
> that, when I try to do some searches the results are weird.
>
> All messages that aren't on INBOX folder are ignored. For example, if
> I have a folder named "Test Folder", when I try to do ". search text
> <string>" the result is always empty.

Hmm. Seems to work here:

x create "Test Folder"
x OK Create completed.
x copy 1:* "Test Folder"
x OK [COPYUID 1251759136 20163:20174 1:12] Copy completed.
x search text multiple
* SEARCH 1
x OK Search completed (0.000 secs).

Are the messages added to the database? Can you find them with Solr's
own query tool? What Solr version are you using? I'm testing with
v1.3.0.

BTW. Note that Solr schema file was changed a bit to use less disk
space. But that shouldn't have caused this kind of a bug.