[Dovecot] Problems getting Dovecot to work.

Mon Sep 14 15:22:14 EEST 2009

On 9/12/2009 9:06 AM, Mark Gillespie wrote:
> Hi, having a nightmare trying to get dovecot working on my SheevaPlug
> (flash based ARM embedded device). I need to use virtual users, and I need
> to store all the mail on an external USB HDD (not in home directories
> which live in the limited flash space). However I can't even log in via
> telnet. I've followed the Wiki troubleshooting tips, and still no further
> forward.
>
> logging via telnet, I get: "user sheeva BAD Error in IMAP command received
> by server."
> the logs show: ubuntu dovecot: User sheeva is missing UID (see mail_uid
> setting)
>
> What do I need to do?  I know basic Linux stuff, but I wouldn't call
> myself an expert, so please no tech talks!!!

Thats kind of a silly thing to say on a technical support list, don't
you think? ;)

Seriously... what you are trying to do *requires* some level of
technical skill... to expect otherwise is - well, unrealistic.

--

Best regards,

Charles