[Dovecot] 1.2.4 Maildir Quota Issues

Mario Antonio support at webjogger.net
Mon Sep 14 23:48:15 EEST 2009

Timo,

Thanks !
Just looking for a way to scripting the resetting of the auth-cache ..
I noticed the dovecot-auth process does not have a PID file as the
Dovecot master  has (or perhaps I missed it ...)

In a debian machine (running Version 1.2.4)
Could I just grab the pid number from the auth socket:

ls   /var/run/dovecot/auth-worker* | sed 's/.*auth-worker\.//'
10650

cat    /var/run/dovecot/master.pid
10649

 ps -ef | grep auth
root     10650 10649  0 Sep12 ?        00:00:03 dovecot-auth
root     10656 10649  0 Sep12 ?        00:00:00 dovecot-auth -w

These are the contents of  /var/run/dovecot/  (3 sockets and one PID file :
auth-master
auth-worker.10650
dict-server
master.pid