[Dovecot] simple feature request: IMAP logged out message

Leonardo Rodrigues leolistas at solutti.com.br
Fri Sep 18 21:52:27 EEST 2009

David Warden escreveu:
> I was looking for the same thing earlier this month.
>
> I'm not on v1.2.4 but that should have the mail_log_prefix option
> which lets you add something to the start of every log line, including
> logouts. I use that to put the username and remote IP in every log
> line. It has helped out quite a bit with troubleshooting.

    That's it ...... i was using a simplified dovecot.conf and couldnt
find mail_log_prefix. But then i searched on the default file and there
it was. Now i'm using:

mail_log_prefix = "%Us(%u), rip=%r, lip=%l: "

    with that, i have:

Sep 18 15:43:45 correio dovecot: IMAP(user at domain.com),
rip=189.31.xx.xx, lip=200.140.yy.yy: Disconnected in IDLE bytes=1761/3265

    thanks !!!

--

	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
	Leonardo Rodrigues