[Dovecot] Dovecot Sieve Vacation Messages

Pascal Volk user+dovecot at localhost.localdomain.org
Sun Sep 20 01:04:58 EEST 2009

Please stop top-posting.

On 09/19/2009 11:23 PM Steven Murphy wrote:
> I do have the dovecot.sieve in the users homedir.

Rename it to .dovecot.sieve

> Made the changes mentioned. Mail gets delivered OK but dovecot is not
> reading the sieve file. Rather dovecot.sievec is not being created.

The new Sieve implementation create files named: .dovecot.svbin

> Also no additional logging is happening with debug on.

There should be something logged, similar to the following lines:
Module loaded: /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/lda/lib90_sieve_plugin.so
auth input: home=/path/to/users/home
auth input: uid=1234
auth input: gid=5678
auth input: mail=maildir:~/.maildir
maildir: data=~/.maildir
maildir++: root=/path/to/users/home/.maildir, index=, control=, inbox=/path/to/users/home/.maildir
sieve: local script path /path/to/users/home/.dovecot.sieve doesn't exist (using global script path in stead)
sieve: user has no valid personal script
sieve: no scripts to execute: reverting to default delivery.

> Also the homdir sql lookup returns the following path:
> /home/vmail/$domain/$user
OK

> Just to provide as much info as possible, here is my Postfix master.conf
> entry for dovecot:
>
> dovecot   unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
>   flags=DRhu user=vmail:vmail argv=/usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver -f ${sender}
> -d ${user}@${nexthop} -a ${recipient}

Looks also fine.

if you could load the sieve plugin, write a minimal sieve script with
this lines:
	require "fileinto";
	fileinto "NonExistentBox";

Then deliver should log something like:
failed to store into mailbox 'NonExistentBox': Mailbox doesn't exist: NonExistentBox

Regards,
Pascal
The trapper recommends today: cafefeed.0926223 at localdomain.org