[Dovecot] Disconnected: Too many invalid IMAP commands

Gabriele listarolo_dovecot at musimac.it
Mon Sep 21 10:34:43 EEST 2009

I was never meant to start a flame, so forgive me if I didn't observe
the list guidelines.

The issue is solved now, it was a simple firewall (anti-malware setting)
issue…

This runs against distro vs distro arguments, version vs version, etc.

Before writing to this list I already Googled, contacted a couple of
Ubuntu forums, a couple of independent lists, to no avail. I either had
no reply, or have been told to upgrade, to change distro, to compile vs
using binaries, to switch to gentoo, etc. etc.

"old stable" isn't always cause of issues, in general, although I might
agree with many of your statements and observations.

Thanks for your time, guys! :-)
Gabriele