[Dovecot] Dovecot + DRBD/GFS mailstore

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Sat Sep 26 22:13:37 EEST 2009

Quoting Mario Antonio <support at webjogger.net>:

> Any good documentation regarding building a RHCS with GFS over DRBD
> ...? (or just the Rethat web site ..)

I've got my internal docs, which I could be talked into sharing...
Other than that, the Red Hat docs and the DRBD docs are the best source.
Not a lot out there.

> Just curious, which Dovecot Version are you using? and which
> Web-mail system? and Postfix or Exim? and user database on Mysql or
> Ldap?

I started in testing with 1.1.11 and then moved to 1.1.18, both of which
worked fine with no problems noticed.  Then we got a new high-level boss
who wanted shared folders, so I went to 1.2.4 which is where I am now.
I'm not sure it matters.

My DRBD+GFS layout is:
/cluster_data         holds configuration files, etc.
/var/spool/mail       holds mbox inboxes
/var/dovecot          holds dovecot indexes, control files, acl files, etc.
/var/log/dovecot      holds logs for all mail programs (so I can see logs
                       for any node from any cluster node).

Webmail is Horde/IMP with postgresql, MTA is MailScanner with sendmail,
user database is LDAP (used to be pam, but now direct to LDAP).

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

This message is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind,
either expressed or implied.  Use this message at your own risk.