[Dovecot] compressed IMAP traffic

Leonardo Rodrigues leolistas at solutti.com.br
Mon Sep 28 21:07:40 EEST 2009

Timo Sirainen escreveu:

> I think the compression support in OpenSSL is relatively new, so it's
> entirely possible that it's only in v0.9.8 and newer.

    from a fully upgraded CentOS 5.3 x86_64 box:

[root at correio dovecot]# rpm -qi openssl
Name        : openssl                      Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 0.9.8e                            Vendor: CentOS
Release     : 12.el5                        Build Date: Fri 04 Sep 2009
09:33:56 AM BRT

    i have applied the provided patch, recompiled and installed dovecot
1.2.5 new binaries. This is what i get from logs:

Sep 28 14:44:43 correio dovecot: imap-login: Login:
user=<mail at box.com.br>, method=PLAIN, rip=189.114.xx.x,
lip=200.140.yy.yy, TLS, TLSv1 with cipher DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA (256/256 bits)

    login_log_format_elements was defined, as documented by Timo, as:

    login_log_format_elements = user=<%u> method=%m rip=%r lip=%l %c %k

    with clients Thunderbird 2.0.0.23 and Windows Live Mail from a
Windows Vista SP2 fully updated too, log is the same. There's no trace
of compression being enabled.

--

	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
	Leonardo Rodrigues