[Dovecot] Scalability plans: Abstract out filesystem and make it someone else's problem

Mon Sep 28 21:43:39 EEST 2009

On 9/28/2009, Ed W (lists at wildgooses.com) wrote:
> In theory Thunderbird does this, but at least on my machine it just
> repeatedly downloads the same message again and again in various ways
> - it grinds to a halt every time I click on an email with a decent
> sized attachment, even if I have already read it... grr

TB3 has finally fixed this absurd behavior (yay!)...

In fact there are lots of IMAP improvements in v3... I can't wait until
all my extensions catch up, and I figure out how to customize the UI the
way I want (e.g., how in the world do I get rid of the stupid Tabs??)

--

Best regards,

Charles