[Dovecot] compressed IMAP traffic

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Sep 29 14:08:12 EEST 2009

On Sep 29, 2009, at 6:57 AM, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> So I guess if client is using SSLv23_client_method() instead of
> SSLv3_client_method() or TLSv1_client_method() it doesn't work. Also
> Thunderbird uses Network Security Services library instead of
> OpenSSL, so it might not support compression at all.

Wonder if attached patch would enable compression on any client? It's
probably not really the right way to do it, because it breaks at least
openssl s_client unless -tls1 or -ssl3 or -no_ssl2 is given. Looks
like UW-IMAP uses SSLv23_server_method() on imaps/pop3s port, while
TLSv1_server_method() is used for STARTTLS. I think I'll do the same
in Dovecot v2.0 in an case.