[Dovecot] getmail and Dovecot LDA deliver

spacejam tobster at tobisworld.homeip.net
Tue Sep 29 19:08:24 EEST 2009

Robert Schetterer wrote:

> no problem, but i think
> getmail should place emails without running
> external mta to in virtual users maildirs
> there may be problems with permissions and home paths for virtuals users
> but getmail setup should be enough flexi to manage this
>
> perhaps you read again
> http://pyropus.ca/software/getmail/configuration.html#destination-maildir
> http://pyropus.ca/software/getmail/getmailrc-examples
> and ask on their list
>
> --
> Best Regards
>
> MfG Robert Schetterer
>
> Germany/Munich/Bavaria

After a long time running (fine) with sendmail I finally found out the
problem. 30cm in front of the computer
If I give the argument like that

type = MDA_external
path = /usr/syno/mailstation/libexec/dovecot/deliver
arguments = ("-d","virtualuser at domain.net",)

then it works like charm :-)
Thanks for the links (the 2nd one had the solution)

tobi