[Dovecot] Dovecot+LDAP issues

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Thu Apr 1 10:55:15 EEST 2010

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 02:59:28PM +0100, Daniel Gomes wrote:
> I am having some problems with a LDAP passdb authentication on Dovecot.
> Before I forget, the specs: it's a Ubuntu 7.10 server running Dovecot
> 1.0.5 connecting to 2 different machines running LDAP servers: gold with
> OpenLDAP 2.4.19 and extra with OpenLDAP 2.4.9 (extra is a replication
> slave of gold).

If you can replicate this problem on a test IMAP box pointing to the same
two LDAP servers, it might be worth checking whether dovecot-1.2.11 has the
same problem.  At least, there are more people on this list who would be
able to replicate it using current code.

Also, you could try swapping master and slave around in the
dovecot-ldap.conf (i.e.  try extra first, then gold). You state that the two
LDAP databases are clones, but they are running different versions of
openldap, so may behave differently.

Regards,

Brian.

P.S. Unrelated, but I hope you're aware that Ubuntu 7.10 went out of support
on Apr 18th last year?  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Releases