[Dovecot] New install authentication probs (Solved)

a.smith at ukgrid.net a.smith at ukgrid.net
Thu Apr 1 22:09:30 EEST 2010

Hi Brian,

  yes sounds likely, I am attempting to authenticate using the text:
LOGIN username password

and I always recieve the error:

LOGIN BAD Error in IMAP command received by server.

With zero logged to the debug log... With courier IMAP this works by
default, I guess by default it doesnt work with dovecot...

thanks Andy.