[Dovecot] simple steps with sieve

Mark Washenberger mwashenb at gmail.com
Sat Apr 3 00:01:45 EEST 2010

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 2:47 PM, Steffen Kaiser <
skdovecot at smail.inf.fh-brs.de> wrote:

I realize this thread is a bit out of date, but I recently sent a patch to
the list to achieve similar behavior with a vacation tag ":x_any_address".
The "x" is because its a crazy extension, and because the letter X is cool.

There are a lot of cases where turning this behavior (responding regardless
of the recipient) is bad behavior. E.g. everyone at company.com. But then it is
up to the organization to have a policy of not using :x_any_address, just
like it is up to them to not use :addresses ["everyone at company.com"]. I can
pick a good default for my users, and unfortunately right now what they
expect is :x_any_address.

The thing I like about my patch is that, for my users, it can ultimately be
configurable to the most likely 3 cases:
1) only send VAR for the proper account
2) send VAR for a user specified list of accounts
3) always send VAR regardless of recipient (but still following other
recommendations in rfc 3834)

The thing I don't like about my patch is:
  Maintaining it!
  There might be a better name for this tag.
  The confusion of having both :x_any_address and :addresses <string list>
turned on at the same time

Cheers