[Dovecot] POP3 how do I either retrieve spam or never put mail in spam?

Jerry dovecot.user at seibercom.net
Mon Apr 5 13:54:40 EEST 2010

On Sun, 04 Apr 2010 23:37:56 -0400, Tony Nelson
<tonynelson at georgeanelson.com> articulated:

> Bah.  After figuring out how deliver was being run, which I see is in
> the /etc/procmailrc I copied from the Dovecot WIKI[1], all I have to
> do is comment out the extra lines[2] that direct spam elsewhere.
> Those lines are probably needed under some circumstances.
>
> [1] <http://wiki.dovecot.org/procmail>
> [2] :0 w
> | $DELIVER -m spam

IMNSHO, lose procmail. There are far better filtering programs
available. I am presently learning how to use sieve, which Dovecot
implements excellently and it appears to do most of what procmail does
with none of the hassle. It is also far less system resource intensive.

Caveat: I really am not familiar with how it interacts with POP mail
since I use IMAP.

--
Jerry
Dovecot.user at seibercom.net