[Dovecot] Core dump in 2.0-beta4 and latest Mercurial

B. Johannessen bob at db.org
Tue Apr 6 02:13:56 EEST 2010

I'm seeing core-dumps with both 2.0-beta4 and a fresh checkout from
Mercurial. I'm very new to Dovecot, so there's a good chance this is
caused by my limited experience with Dovecot configuration, but it's my
understanding that any core-dump is considered a bug (nice policy by the
way).

The installation seemed to be working as expected until I added the two
namespaces and tried to set up shared mailboxes.

Timo: The installation is running on a KVM dedicated to testing Dovecot,
so if you want to debug anything in my environment, just send me your
SSH key, and I'll set it up.

Attached files (from test with latest Mercurial):
dialog.txt: IMAP dialogue to reproduce the core dump
mail.info.txt: Resulting log entries
debug.log.txt: Resulting debug-log entries
bt-full.txt: br full for dumped core
dovecot-n.txt: Output of dovecot -n
sql.txt: passdb/userdb SQL configuration

--
Regards
B. Johannessen