[Dovecot] Cant get the config file just right

eng15ine gamer101.4t.com at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 03:29:07 EEST 2010

Hello, I have been trying to get POP3 on my ubuntu server for the past week
now (In Las Vegas on a family vacation carrying my netbook from hotel to
hotel.) My config file is below I am trying to access pop3 from Outlook
Express and Thunderbird with no luck. When ever I try to access pop3 with
one of these two programs I get a prompt saying my user/pass is invalid and
I am asked to logon again. I cant figure out whats wrong?!? Help would be
much appreciated. Thanks in advance!!:-D

-=-=-=-=-CONFIG FILE BELOW=-=-=-==-=-

# Required on x86_64 kernels
login_process_size = 64

protocols = imap imaps pop3 pop3s
listen = *
ssl_listen = *
ssl_disable = yes
mail_location = maildir:~/Maildir
ssl_cert_file = /etc/postfix/ssl/smtpd.crt
ssl_key_file = /etc/postfix/ssl/smtpd.key

protocol imap {
 imap_client_workarounds = outlook-idle delay-newmail
 listen = 127.0.0.1:10143
}

protocol pop3 {
 pop3_uidl_format = %08Xu%08Xv
 pop3_client_workarounds = outlook-no-nuls oe-ns-eoh
}

protocol lda {
  postmaster_address = postmaster at example.com
}

auth default {
  mechanisms = plain login
  passdb pam {
  }
  userdb passwd {
  }
#  user = root
  socket listen {
    client {
    path = /var/spool/postfix/private/auth
    mode = 0660
    user = postfix
    group = postfix
    }
  }
}

dict {
  #quota = mysql:/etc/dovecot-dict-quota.conf
}

plugin {
}
mail_extra_groups = carlos admin users