[Dovecot] Error: file_dotlock_open() failed with file $FILE ENOENT

Pascal Volk user+dovecot at localhost.localdomain.org
Tue Apr 6 07:19:25 EEST 2010

I've deleted some empty IMAP folders, using Thunderbird. But before
deleting them, I had a look into Trash directory on the filesystem:

/home/pvo/mdbox/mailboxes/Trash/
├── dbox-Mails
│   ├── dovecot.index
│   ├── dovecot.index.backup
│   ├── dovecot.index.cache
│   └── dovecot.index.log
├── Dev
│   └── dbox-Mails
│       └── dovecot.index.log
├── S4
│   └── dbox-Mails
│       └── dovecot.index.log
└── Server4
    └── dbox-Mails
        └── dovecot.index.log

(Yeah, looks good, no dbox-GUID file.)

After deleting all IMAP folders from Trash I found this lines in the
log file:

Apr 06 05:44:36 imap(pvo): Error: file_dotlock_open() failed with file /home/pvo/mdbox/mailboxes/Trash/S4/dbox-Mails/dovecot.index.log: No such file or directory
Apr 06 05:44:36 imap(pvo): Error: file_dotlock_open() failed with file /home/pvo/mdbox/mailboxes/Trash/S4/dbox-Mails/dovecot.index.log: No such file or directory

Regards,
Pascal
The trapper recommends today: fabaceae.1009606 at localdomain.org