[Dovecot] Clients to manage ACL

Brian Hayden bhayden at umn.edu
Tue Apr 6 20:41:10 EEST 2010

On Apr 6 2010, Michael M. Slusarz wrote:

>Quoting Martin Ott <martin.ott at itk-engineering.de>:
>
>> Am 06.04.2010 08:45, schrieb Frank Cusack:
>>> Mulberry supports ACLs.
>>
>> great, Mulberry works quite well, even though it seems a bit outdated.
>>
>> Is there also any webmail solution?
>
>IMP (http://www.horde.org/imp/)

Since few clients support ACLs and even fewer do it right (and Horde has
all sorts of its own problems), I wrote a web client and a system daemon to
handle ACL manipulation.

However, the daemon only works on Solaris with real system users (not mysql
userdb or etc). Our environment was one of real users that can log into the
machines, so it takes advantage of filesystem ACLs for security in the
shell/sftp/etc contexts. So it's a limited audience. If anyone is
interested I can probably get around to finalizing some debugging and
putting it up on the 'net in mid-May. I might also be willing to generalize
it to non-system user environments.

-Brian