[Dovecot] expires

ben at electricembers.net ben at electricembers.net
Wed Apr 7 03:51:42 EEST 2010

When the expire cronjob actually finds a folder needs pruning, does it
then purge the row from the database? Or could it update the row with the
"new" oldest message's expiration time?

I guess I can test this for myself. I did just learn that emptying the
Trash removes the row from the expires db. . .

I had misconfigured expires here, and think I fixed it, but in checking
things over, I do find some "over age" files, and their users don't appear
in the expires db. So I'm assuming it's because expiration worked on that
folder some time ago, and no "new" messages have been delivered there
since then to reset the expires db?

(Sometimes I wish there wasn't the db, and we could just have a nightly
cronjob do all the work on all users' Trash, Spam, Virus folders  --
where we pretty much expect to be constantly pruning, or shaving as it
were ;)

  Benjamin