[Dovecot] Timeout Value

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Apr 7 06:03:31 EEST 2010

On Wed, 2010-04-07 at 10:56 +0800, JackyC at umac.mo wrote:
> Hi Timo,
>
> > You do mean all dovecot processes eat 100% CPU, right? And it happens
> immediately after they start up?
>
> Not all. For example, we have 2 "dovecot-auth -w". Suddenly one of them
> will eat 100%. After a certain period of time (short/long, not a
> constant), another will come up.
> They didn't eat 100% when they start up even.

What about other processes than dovecot-auth -w? When do they start to
eat 100% CPU?

> 10:43:34.728594 write(12,
> "0\201\376\2\2\30oc\201\367\4'CN=Configuration,DC="..., 257) = 257

At least for dovecot-auth -w it looks like it's doing an LDAP lookup (or
connect) in here. Maybe it keeps rapidly reconnecting to it all the
time?.. Anything in Dovecot's error logs?
http://wiki.dovecot.org/Logging

But you said other processes also eat 100% CPU, and LDAP doesn't explain
that.