[Dovecot] Dovecot 2.0 and QUOTA capability

e-frog e-frog at gmx.de
Thu Apr 8 22:55:34 EEST 2010

On 08.04.2010 08:37, wrote Frode Nordahl:

> Den 8. apr. 2010 kl. 03.38 skrev Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi>:
>
>> On Thu, 2010-04-08 at 02:39 +0200, Frode Nordahl wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> In Dovecot 2.0 the QUOTA capability is not announced until after the
>>> user has logged in. This breaks quota-support in some webmail clients
>>> (Roundcube, Atmail, probably more).
>>
>> This is pretty much intentional, because v1.x used to do horrible
>> horrible things to get the capability line. I was hoping to avoid that
>> in v2.0. This works for the most commonly used IMAP clients, so I don't
>> think I'm going to change this. It's time to get the clients fixed
>> instead. :)
>
> I was kind of expecting this answer, fair enough. I will start to send
> patches to the clients I care about, and hope to get it fixed upstream.
> Maby the world will become a better place as a result :-)
>
> --
> Frode Nordahl

Seems this was recently implemented in Roundcube trunk

>From main.inc.php.dist:

// By default IMAP capabilities are readed after connection to
// IMAP server. In some cases, e.g. when using IMAP proxy, there's a
// need to refresh the list after login. Set to True if you've got
// this case.
$rcmail_config['imap_force_caps'] = false;

I have not tested it yet however...