[Dovecot] Problems with masteruser

Eric Rostetter rostetter at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Apr 9 18:19:23 EEST 2010

Quoting Неворотин Вадим <nevorotin at gmail.com>:

> It's look like a big bug. As I understang there shouldn't be any different
> between logging in with masteruser and normal log in. But in my system I
> can't use masteruser at all due to IMAP errors.

It works for me, with two exceptions:

1) The acl issue I mentioned.
2) It doesn't work right in my "webmail" for anything but the e-mail part,
since the webmail retains the user as "master*real" instead of just real.
So it does log me in and show me the mail, but everything else (preferences,
filters, address book, etc) don't work right.  The webmail has "hooks" which
should allow me to fix this, but I've not had time to figure that out yet.

So basically, it works for me, which just two little annoyances (one is
dovecot specific, the other is actually my webmail and not dovecot).

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Go Longhorns!