[Dovecot] Dovecot 2.0 beta 4 errors reported

Ken A ka at pacific.net
Fri Apr 9 19:10:20 EEST 2010

Timo,

Thank you for an amazing imap/pop server.
I'm using Dovecot 2.0 beta 4 and mbox storage, and have encountered a
couple of errors worth reporting:

  ------

1. When I delete a parent folder that contains sub folders, I get this
error message pop up in Thunderbird 3.04:

> "The current command did not succeed. The mail server responded:
> [CANNOT] Mailbox GUIDs are not permanent without index files."

But, the folders are deleted properly, and no error is logged on the
server. I have the mail_log plugin currently enabled like so:
> mail_plugins = quota mail_log notify
> mail_log_events = delete undelete expunge copy mailbox_delete mailbox_rename
> mail_log_fields = uid box msgid size

  ------

2. segfault reported in the system log (unrelated to the error above):
> kernel: pop3[6794]: segfault at 0000000000000028 rip 0000000000403489
> rsp 00007fff20a24a20 error 4

------

Thanks,
Ken