[Dovecot] Slightly OT: iPhone & IMAP IDLE

Renaud Allard renaud at allard.it
Mon Apr 12 08:29:17 EEST 2010

On 12/04/2010 02:49, Sabahattin Gucukoglu wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Does anybody know whether iPhone is supposed to be able to do IMAP IDLE?  I know it does "Push" but that seems to be using Apple's Mobile Me and Exchange.

Hi,

The iPhone doesn't seem to support imap-idle as it closes the connection
to the mailbox when you lock it. I just tested v4 beta with the
redesigned mail.app, but it does not seem to support that either, at
least in the bakground.
It seems there are some tweaks for jailbroken devices however.

Best Regards