[Dovecot] OT: IMAP IDLE, Virtual mailboxes

Nikolay Shopik shopik at inblock.ru
Thu Apr 15 08:59:29 EEST 2010

On 15.04.2010 7:03, Daniel I. Applebaum wrote:
> Patrick Nagel wrote:
>> One of the core
>> developers of K-9 Mail says:
>> "I've been interested in implementing IMAP NOTIFY in K-9 Mail, but will
>> only do it once dovecot supports it."
>
> Yeah, that was me. :-) I use dovecot as the reference server for all
> my work on K-9 Mail, and can't think of how to develop the client side
> support for IMAP NOTIFY until I have a server to support it.
>
> However, I'd consider starting on it if I knew that dovecot would soon
> have the support, as well.
>
> Dan.

Hi Dan,

Thanks for K-9! If you don't mind can I ask you little off topic
question feel free answer privatly. Does android advertise to app when
network goes down(GSM our of range). If it so, when network goes up(like
interface goes up?), do you establish new TCP connection to maintain
IDLE? Or just purely rely on timeouts in connection?

Thanks