[Dovecot] Thunderbird subscription bug ?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Apr 16 14:57:58 EEST 2010

On Fri, 2010-04-02 at 18:06 +0200, Thomas Hummel wrote:

> 25 list "" "#shared/#shared/%"
> 26 list "" "#shared/#shared/%/%"
..
> * NAMESPACE (("" "/")) (("#shared/" "/")) NIL

Those extra #shared/#shared/% LISTs are wrong/unnecessary. You could try
setting hidden=yes to the shared namespace so it won't show up in
NAMESPACE reply.

> * LIST (\Noselect \HasChildren) "/" "#shared"
> 19 OK List completed.
> * LIST (\Noselect \HasChildren) "/" "#shared/doveimap"
> 20 OK List completed.
> 21 OK Lsub completed.
> * LIST (\Noselect \HasChildren) "/" "#shared/doveimap"
> 22 OK List completed.
> * LIST (\Noselect \HasChildren) "/" "#shared/doveimap/folder"
> 23 OK List completed.

These replies are correct.

> So TB doesn't seem to ask for what's behind #shared/doveimap/folder although
> the server tells him it has children...

That's probably intentional. It probably doesn't want to show subfolders
until you've actually clicked the tree-open-button before the folder.

> As a matter of fact, in the subscribe dialog box in th UI, I see
>
>   #shared
>     doveimap
>       folder but with no check box alongside

That's also intentional because it's \Noselect. What's potentially wrong
is if you don't have the [+] button on the left of "folder" so that you
could see its subfolders.