[Dovecot] Problems with masteruser

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Apr 16 15:12:09 EEST 2010

On Fri, 2010-04-16 at 15:30 +0400, Неворотин Вадим wrote:
> Hmm[?] For what can I use masterusers, if I even can't read with masteruser
> user's mails from INBOX? And where can I read about masterusers in that way.
> I really can't understand for what there is masterusers if they can't do
> anything)))

The feature was originally implemented for a voicemail feature. There
would be a "voicemail" master user that would have permission to write
new mails to users' "voicemail" mailbox, but nothing else.

You could have a similar "spam" master user that only has access to
users' "Spam" mailbox (for training spam bayesian or whatever).

Anyway, did you try my suggestion on how to make it work the way you
wanted? If it doesn't work yet, I can change the code to make it work: