[Dovecot] flags, keywords in a shared mailbox setup

Thomas Hummel hummel at pasteur.fr
Fri Apr 16 18:06:34 EEST 2010

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 03:02:47PM +0300, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> If you don't share control directory, keywords can get more or less
> broken because different users have different mappings for maildir
> char<->keyword name. So you should share the control directory.
>
> >     [Note : isn't it the same event with no shared mailboxes but with one user using several clients ?]
>
> Exactly. Probably not much of a problem.

Why not much of a problem ? Sure there will be only one mapping but cannot the
keyword meaning be different between different user agent of even the same user
? Can't we end up in a message tagged as "important" in a client being tagged as
"personnal" in another client ?

--
Thomas Hummel 	    | Institut Pasteur
<hummel at pasteur.fr> | Pôle informatique - systèmes et réseau