[Dovecot] Quota Issue

Peter Fraser petros.fraser at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 22:17:43 EEST 2010

Hi All

I'm using dovecot version 1.2.4_1 and I noticed something strange. I
checked the list but so far I haven't found anything that exactly fits
my setup. I'm using maildirs and ldap as a backend to authenticate. A
user went over quota, realized it and proceeded to delete a lot of
email. Even now, after about 15 minutes, the quota indicator is still
showing that he is over quota even though the users mailbox size is
down by over 200MB. Why isn't Dovecot showing the change, and is there
a way around this?

Thanks for any help.