[Dovecot] best choice of user database file to work with postfix?

Jim Trigg jtrigg at spamcop.net
Thu Apr 22 19:07:05 EEST 2010

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 09:48:36AM -0400, Phil Howard wrote:
> The ideal would be a complete mail server package that handled it all in one
> ... SMTP, submission, IMAP(S), POP3(S).  But what I've seen as attempts to
> do that so far were less than promising (even though I have no need for what
> most of the MTAs do).

The only one like that I know of is Courier, and I found it incredibly
frustrating to work with.  I use dovecot and postfix, but don't have the
virtual user issue -- all of my users (for twelve domains) have real
accounts.

Jim
--
Jim Trigg, Lord High Everything Else  O-      /"\
                                              \ /  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN