[Dovecot] best choice of user database file to work with postfix

Jerry dovecot.user at seibercom.net
Thu Apr 22 19:40:53 EEST 2010

On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 12:18:41 -0400
Phil <ttiphil at gmail.com> articulated:

> The administration is going to be handed off to less technical
> people, and my goal is to mimize the number of elements in this.
> It's not about MySQL itself ... it's about not running yet another
> server/daemon.

Excuse my ignorance here; however, it appears that what you are trying
to accomplish is exceedingly harder to implement than simply using SQL
for the job. The are numerous GUIs to administer SQL with. Personally,
I use "phpMyAdmin" with MySQL and have found it quite a good fit. There
are several others of course, and other flavors of SQL that you might
want to investigate.

I have personally set up MySQL with phpMyAdmin for some rather
technically challenged individuals and they have not experienced any
problems that I am aware of. There is also a PostfixAdmin
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/postfixadmin/> that might simplify
your life. I don't use it myself; however, I have heard it is quite
good.

Again, just my 2¢.

--
Jerry