[Dovecot] best choice of user database file to work with postfix

Jerry dovecot.user at seibercom.net
Fri Apr 23 18:54:06 EEST 2010

On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 16:07:20 +0100
Ed <lists at wildgooses.com> articulated:

> Err to be fair, I was about to reply and say that it's IS achievable,
> but on the flip side I would concede that it does require a bit of
> thought to make this stuff work correctly.  I think you are being a
> bit harsh to suggest it's *that* simple to make an automated push
> work reliably?

Sorry, I did not mean that it was trivial, although it is not exactly
rocket science either. I was simply countering the statement that the
whole MySQL daemon process would have to be shut down to achieve a
reliable backup/export was incorrect.

> So in summary, it IS possible, but yes it does need a bit of thought,
> fair enough.

Again, I did not mean to offend anyone. Sorry!

--
Jerry
Dovecot.user at seibercom.net

The chief enemy of creativity is "good" sense.

	Picasso