[Dovecot] How can I integrate change_password plugin, dovecot and postfix

Fabrice MATHIEU simpsons_bart_cs at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 29 12:14:41 EEST 2010

Hello,

   Does your users must manage their mail via squirelmail ? Or they get access to dovecot and postfix with any agent like Thunderbird ?

   If access is just granted via webmail (suirelmail) then I suppose all user information is managed by dovecot.
   So postfix don't use or require password.

   Do you use local system user or dovecot passwd ?
   What protocol are you using between Suirelmail and dovecot ? (pop3, imap4)

Thank you.