[Dovecot] Dovecot headers at start of text returned to KMail

Barry Scott barry.scott at onelan.co.uk
Thu Apr 29 16:53:25 EEST 2010

On Thursday 29 April 2010 13:26:25 Mike Abbott wrote:
> > 1272011889.M384349P30156.f12barry.office.onelan.co.uk,S=6494,W=6606:2,S
>
> The size of this file should be 6494 bytes (S=6494) but in your attachment it is 6519 bytes.  Did something insert a header into the file after dovecot received it?  Perhaps this one, which (with a CR added) is 25 bytes, the same as the difference between 6519 and 6494:
>
> As I understand it, once messages are under dovecot's control they must not ever change at all.  Adding headers after delivery is forbidden.

Thanks, I missed that. I'm running Spambayes's sb_mboxtrain.py tool
and it is updating the files because I did not know to add this option to
the .spambayesrc file:

	[Headers]
	include_trained = False

To recover from this error I think I need to:

1. service dovecot stop
2. rename all the mail files to have the S=nnnn match the size of the file on disk
3. remove all the dovecot.* files
4. service dovecot start

Is this correct?

Barry