[Dovecot] Question about dovecot imap proxy

Monika Janek mjanek at sidefx.com
Thu Apr 29 20:44:44 EEST 2010

Hi Timo,
Thanks for getting back to me!

Currently I'm using SQL to check the proxy but the authentication gets
passed on to the internal mail server where it authenticates with LDAP.
This is my SQL query on the external mail host:

password_query = SELECT NULL AS password, host, destuser, 'Y' AS
nopassword, 'Y' AS nologin, 'Y' AS nodelay, 'Y' AS proxy FROM proxy
WHERE user = '%u'

I take this as to just check the SQL for the existence of the username
then pass the authentication onto the internal server. I tried putting
in 'starttls' into the query string but it didn't work. Everything is
working but I would just prefer a secure connection for the entire
chain. I have my iphone connected via ssl to port 993 on the external
mail host but then the proxy (which is now on our internal network)
communication with the internal host is not encrypted.

--
Monika Janek
Systems Administrator, Side Effects Software