[Dovecot] 1.0.15 --> 1.2.11 --> got too little data

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Apr 30 18:11:04 EEST 2010

On Fri, 2010-04-30 at 17:02 +0200, Andre Hübner wrote:
> >> Oh, looks like I had one such check, but was missing another. Fixed:
> >> http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.2/rev/34c8cdc26dd9
>
> seems to work, but it needs a second connect by client to complete the
> repair?

When it notices it, it deletes the dovecot.index.cache file and
disconnects the client (because it can't do anything else). So it's
basically done then. When a new client connection comes, it just doesn't
have a cache (which is fine).

Although if there are other connections that have the mailbox open, they
don't necessarily notice that the cache was deleted. Maybe I should do
something about that.