[Dovecot] Cyrus to Dovecot migration (OS X Server): Backup + restore messages, live "standby server" and delayed expunge and…

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Thu Aug 5 20:39:06 EEST 2010

  On 05/08/2010 10:28, Thomas von Eyben wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I am very close to migrating from Cyrus to Dovecot (to be more precise
> from Mac OS X Server 10.5.8 to 10.6.4).

Just a tip, but during my migration I first switched all users to point
at dovecot, but used the "proxy" feature to point them back to the
original mail server.  This allowed me to migrate across just one user
at a time and check for problems until I have all users migrated onto
Dovecot.

This doesn't help you with the other stuff, but it may give you a soft
way to migrate a bit more slowly than a big bang?

Good luck

Ed W