[Dovecot] Thunderbird IMAP woes

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI eduardo at kalinowski.com.br
Wed Aug 11 15:38:24 EEST 2010

On Qua, 11 Ago 2010, Timo Sirainen wrote:
>> Now, the problem is that to a lesser extent, Thunderbird 2, and to
>> a larger extent Thunderbird 3 is having serious issues when I go
>> (want to go) deeper than two levels of nesting. Like, in the
>> Subscribe dialog sometimes I see the third level subfolders,
>> sometimes I dont. If is subscribe to a second-level folder, then
>> create a subfolder in it, the other subfolders suddenly appear.
>> It's all very random, unfortunatelly, then only way I can use the
>> system right now is to uncheck 'Show subscribed folders only' in
>> Account Settings, and even then, sometimes folders disappear or
>> reappear that are highly nested.
>
> Some people have complained about this, but I thought this happened
> with all servers. So you're saying that the same TB versions with
> Courier didn't have this problem? .. Wonder what Courier could be
> doing differently here. I thought Dovecot and Courier outputs would
> be the same.

I have this problem with TB 3 (but it worked fine in TB 2, with the
same Dovecot version).

Horde's IMP webmail does not have this problem. I believe it's a TB
problem that has nothing to do with Dovecot.

--
Algol-60 surely must be regarded as the most important programming language
yet developed.

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo at kalinowski.com.br